Trip essentials are important, so you have what you need for your scenic trip.
Whether you are new to Western Washington or you are a long time Pacific Northwest resident, you need a little information so you bring the right trip essentials. Scenic trips are shorter than fishing trips, but you still have to be prepared for the outdoors. Not to mention, we are on the water and we will see things like bald eagles, osprey, deer and beaver!
We have detailed a list of minimum items you should consider to bring on your scenic trip. Of everything we have listed here, the absolute most important item (thing you can do) is dressing properly. The weather in the Pacific Northwest can change very quickly. Dressing properly is important to your comfort. Read more about dressing properly.
Minimum Trip Essentials
- Weather appropriate clothing (i.e.. rain gear and waterproof shoes or boots)
- Camera – Bring extra media cards, extra batteries, or make sure your battery is fully charged.
- Binoculars – 8×42 magnification is a perfect trip essential
- Video camera – Bring extra media cards, extra batteries, or make sure your battery is fully charged.
- Food & drink – Trips are 2.5 – 3 hours long, so a snack might be useful!
We provide life jackets and all of the safety equipment. Our sled is very comfortable and provides you lots of room to move around and take photos or video the wildlife and scenery. Just a word on binoculars; are they absolutely necessary? The answer is no. However, many clients like to be able to see incredible detail on the bald eagles, osprey, deer and beaver. The Wild & Scenic Skagit River and the Skykomish River are the perfect size rivers for viewing wildlife with or without binoculars. Anything more powerful than 8×42 would be too much.
Do not bring illegal drugs. Ridge to River Outdoors vessels and licensed guides are subject to boarding and inspection by all law enforcement and the United States Coast Guard. If you have prescription medication in a labeled prescription bottle, that is acceptable.